Edify Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy was last modified on 3rd November 2020.
Edify's mission is to create the most immersive, accessible and expansive augmented learning platform available, anywhere. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our institutions and teachers. We also want to make sure that all of our users feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit any content or activity which we in our entire discretion consider inappropriate, which is identified by or reported to us or entirely at our discretion suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that in our opinion:
· Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit or encourage such activities.
· Is inappropriate to be accessed by other users of our Services due to their age, noting that Users may be as young as 13.
· Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
· Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise in appropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
· Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner and ensure you have their permission to post such materials.
· Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional or solicitation content.
You also aren't allowed to:
· Do anything that violates laws of any part of the United Kingdom, or the law where you or your students are located, or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
· Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
· Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
· Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
· Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
· Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
· Use our Services to distribute malware.
· Use our Services or any functionality of the Edify platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
· Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
· Encourage or help anyone to do any of the things on this list.