To prepare for broadcast (sharing your Lesson) complete the following steps:
- Install Teams, Zoom, or other conferencing software
- Setup your conferencing software
- Create your broadcast camera setup (optional)
- Start your Teams or Zoom call
- Press "Start broadcasting" in the broadcasting tab
1) Install Teams, Zoom or other conferencing software
To broadcast to students, you will need video conferencing software capable of streaming a camera - edify uses a virtual camera to broadcast your lesson.
The most common of these are Microsoft Teams and Zoom. You can find more information on downloading these in our guide.
2) Setup your video conferencing software
Once installed, follow these steps:
- Set "edify Camera" as your camera output from within the video conferencing settings. "edify Camera" is installed alongside the launcher, so it will automatically appear as an option within Teams or Zoom camera settings. When you're not broadcasting to your students, they'll see an edify Standby image as a screensaver.
- Teams specific: in edify, you can view your Teams and Zoom windows in the VR environment. To do this for Teams, you need to access the settings and tick the "Disable GPU hardware acceleration".
3) Create your broadcast camera setup (optional)
The default broadcast view is directly through your VR headset (or desktop view if in desktop mode). This is useful to show your point of view for certain teaching requirements. When working on the whiteboard or other 2D tools, it is often appropriate to provide a static camera position. To do this, add broadcast cameras to your scene and position appropriately. You can add cameras and move them during the broadcast, but preparing their positions beforehand will make the process easier for you during your teaching.
4) Start your Teams or Zoom call
Broadcasting your edify Lesson via Teams or Zoom doesn't require any special connections - simply start your video conferencing calls as normal, and enable your webcam. If you've previously set your output camera to the "edify Camera", then your lesson will be broadcast to the participants in the call.
5) Press "Start broadcasting" in the broadcasting tab
The final thing to do is start the broadcast!
To share your Lesson, navigate to the "Broadcasting" tab in the "Lectern" panel, and press "Start broadcasting" at the bottom left corner. You should now be broadcasting your point of view to your call.
For more information on broadcasting tools, check out the Broadcast Suite guide.
If you need help interacting with the Lesson during the broadcast, check out the Controlling the Broadcast guide.